Denver Nuggets’ Ervin Johnson Visits Knapp
Ervin Johnson, a former Denver Nuggets player, and current Community Ambassador for the Denver Nuggets, visited our 5th graders on Monday! He told his story about growing up like a lot of our students and shared how he persevered to get through high school, college, and making it into the NBA. He gave some great advice about staying in school and having a positive attitude.
Mr. Johnson taught and reminded our students these important things:
- EDUCATION- stay in school- no matter what it takes- and graduate high school.
- HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE- there are a lot of things to bring us down, but find the positive in every situation.
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF- block out those who say negative things- focus on your strengths.
- DON’T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE- we learn from our mistakes, but once we make that mistake, don’t do it again.
- BUILD POSITIVE HABITS- eat a healthy breakfast, make eye contact with everyone you talk to, address adults with “Yes, ma’am”, “No, ma’am”, “Yes, sir”, and “No, sir”.
- SET GOALS FOR YOURSELF- once you meet those goals, make new goals.
- RESPECT YOURSELF.
- NEVER QUIT!